Thursday 28 June 2012

Wishing on Wednesday #5




Welcome to my weekly meme - Wishing on Wednesday... Erm... Yep, I know what day is. This post is a little late so please excuse me... I was at the cinema with my sister to see Men in Black 3 yesterday... (What a fiasco, but that's best saved for another rant... *cough* I mean, post) We had loads of laughs and it was great to kick back for the afternoon whilst my hubby and mum-in-law had the cubs.



So, lets get to it it quick before Friday creeps in...

This weeks wish was actually inspired by an advertisment in the cinema. 

"Win a lead role in a Dark Knight mini-movie"

(Of course, me being me, and for the fact my eyes were still adjusting to post removal of  uncomfy 3D glases, I read it as Win a lead role in the movie...)

This week's wish

I wish I was a film star!

Film Strip Clip Art

So you are walking along the street, minding your own business when you are spotted by a talent scout. They approach you and ask you to star in a movie... Which movie and what role are you asked to do?


A: Oooooooooooooooh... tough one... There are so many to choose from, past present and future releases...

I have lots of favourite movies, mostly horror, so if I played a lead role in this type of film, I would have to be some like Alice in Resdient Evil who kicks zombie butt!




On the other end of the scale, I would love to be in a muppets movie! It just looks loads of fun and so well done. HAHAHA! I know, I'm a big kid. Muppet Treasure island is a firm favourite. It makes me laugh every time...

I have heard through the grapevine, that my favourite horror writer, Adam Nevill, might be having his book "Apartment 16" made into a movie. The book is scary s**t. Goodness knows how they will capture and recreate the atmosphere Nevill creates in his book... But I wouldn't mind playing Apryl given half the chance... (It would never work out for me, Apryl is American, I can't do accents!)

If you haven't heard about Apartment 16, here's the blurb taken from Goodreads:
Some doors are better left closed . . . In Barrington House, an upmarket block in London, there is an empty apartment. No one goes in, no one comes out. And it's been that way for fifty years. Until the night watchman hears a disturbance after midnight and investigates. What he experiences is enough to change his life forever. A young American woman, Apryl, arrives at Barrington House. She's been left an apartment by her mysterious Great Aunt Lillian who died in strange circumstances. Rumours claim Lillian was mad. But her diary suggests she was implicated in a horrific and inexplicable event decades ago. Determined to learn something of this eccentric woman, Apryl begins to unravel the hidden story of Barrington House. She discovers that a transforming, evil force still inhabits the building. And the doorway to Apartment 16 is a gateway to something altogether more terrifying . . .

So what movie would you wish to be in?! Happy wishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment